- Should you compliment weight loss?
- What should you not say to someone who lost weight?
- Do you look better after losing weight?
- Is it rude to ask if someone lost weight?
- What to say when someone says you lost weight?
- How do you deal with weight loss comments?
- Should you tell a girl she lost weight?
- How do you compliment someone losing weight?
- Is it rude to comment on someone’s weight?
- How can you tell you’re losing weight?
Should you compliment weight loss?
It contributes to fat phobia and weight stigma, meaning being in a larger body is a bad thing.
You could be complimenting the side effect of depression, chronic illness, or an eating disorder.
It can encourage disordered behaviors..
What should you not say to someone who lost weight?
Let’s dive into the top five things you probably shouldn’t say to someone who is losing weight.“HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?” … “YOU PROBABLY DON’T WANT TO EAT THAT, RIGHT?” … “YOU LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.” … “YOU’RE JUST GOING TO GAIN IT BACK ANYWAY.” … “WOW, YOU LOOK SO GOOD!”Aug 17, 2017
Do you look better after losing weight?
Losing weight can make you more attractive, experts say – but there’s a catch. Researchers at the University of Toronto have determined the amount of weight people need to gain or lose before others notice or find them more attractive – based on the way their faces look.
Is it rude to ask if someone lost weight?
1. “How much weight did you lose?” Asking someone his or her weight is rude and invasive and it downgrades the immense effort it took to create the weight loss to a simple number. Think of it this way: how much someone has lost is as private as their current weight, age or salary.
What to say when someone says you lost weight?
If the response is “Thanks, I’ve lost ten pounds, I feel great,” you can say, “I’m glad you’re feeling good about yourself. Good for you.” OK, no more asking that question. Be thoughtful.
How do you deal with weight loss comments?
Five Ways to Handle Insensitive Comments About Your Weight LossKill ’em with kindness. … Tell them how healthy you feel. … Be vocal about your discomfort. … Change the subject. … Remove yourself from the situation. … The Best Bariatric Care in California.Apr 10, 2020
Should you tell a girl she lost weight?
If you want to tell her she looks good, just say that. Don’t mention her weight. … If you want to compliment her because you think she looks good, don’t mention weight.
How do you compliment someone losing weight?
If you’re wondering how to compliment someone on their weight loss, take a step back. Tell them that they’re a great friend; a beautiful person, or a good cook. Tell them you love to see that smile on their face, or that they look happy.
Is it rude to comment on someone’s weight?
You may have good intentions, but making remarks about someone’s weight isn’t a good idea. … Most of us know that pointing out that someone has gained weight is socially unacceptable. However, many still think that making comments about weight loss are compliments. According to Dr.
How can you tell you’re losing weight?
10 signs you’re losing weightYou’re not hungry all the time. … Your sense of well-being improves. … Your clothes fit differently. … You’re noticing some muscle definition. … Your body measurements are changing. … Your chronic pain improves. … You’re going to the bathroom more — or less — frequently. … Your blood pressure is coming down.More items…•Nov 30, 2020